In ExpenseWatch, your company has a catalog of products that employees frequently need. Employees can use the catalog to add products to Purchase Requisitions, Packing Lists, and Invoices.
This article will show you, a user with Add/Edit Products permission, how to add products to your company's internal catalog.
Step 1: Go to the Purchasing tab.
Step 2: Under the Catalog section, click Add New Product.
Step 3: Add Product page will appear. Enter the product information.
- Item Type: Select Product if this product is a good or item a vendor delivers. Select Service if this product is a service a vendor performs.
- Vendor: Select the vendor from the drop-down menu. Please Note: a user with Add/Edit Vendors permission may add a new vendor if it does not exists in the drop-down menu by clicking Add Vendor.
- Vendor Catalog or SKU #: Enter the number for this product listed in the vendor's catalog or SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) number.
- Manufacturer Name: Enter the manufacturer's name.
- Manufacturer Number: Enter the manufacturer's number. This is a number the manufacturer uses to identify the product and is different from the vendor's SKU number.
- Description: A brief description of the item.
- Detail Description: A longer description of the item.
- Web Reference: A URL to this product's web page (if applicable).
- Unit: Enter the unit in which the item comes in.
- Price: Enter the price of one unit of this product.
- Default Quantity: Enter the default quantity of this item. Please Note: the user cannot be ordering less than Default Quantity.
- Default Category: The product category that appears automatically when a user adds this product to a Purchase Requisition, Order Pad, or Purchase Order.
- GL: The GL Account that appears automatically when a user adds this product to a Purchase Requisition, Order Pad, Purchase Order, or Invoice.
Step 4: Once finished, click Save.
Step 5: A confirmation message will appear.