ExpenseWatch enables your company to keep a list of preferred vendors, or companies who sell to our company. This will help employees who submit Purchase Requisitions, Packing Lists, and Invoices save time by saving vendor information. With saved vendor information, they do not need to re-enter names, addresses, and other information with each new transaction.
This article will show you, a user with the Add/Edit Vendors permission, how to add vendors to your company's internal catalog.
Step 1: Go to the Purchasing tab.
Step 2: Under the Catalog section, click Add New Vendor.
Step 3: Add Vendor page will appear. Enter the vendor's information.
- Vendor Information: Vendor Name, Address, City, State/Province, Zip/PostalCode
- Fax: Enter the vendor's fax number to enable employees who submit Purchase Orders to place them by faxing them.
- Email: Enter the vendor's email address to enable employees who submit Purchase Orders to place them via emailing them.
- A/P Vendor ID: The number used in your company's ERP or accounting system to identify the vendor.
- Account Number: The client account number this vendor assigned to your company.
- Payment Terms: Your company's negotiated payment terms, or the maximum amount of time between the date your company receives the vendor's invoice and your company agreed to pay the invoice.
- Enable Packing List: Click this checkbox to create packing list for this vendor.
- Require Single Ship To on Purchase Order: Click this checkbox if this vendor requires Purchase Order to have a single shipping address. This feature is useful if your company sends items to multiple shipping addresses, including items from the same vendor. If you mark this, ExpenseWatch automatically separates line items from Purchase Orders so that each Purchase Order has only one shipping address (even if items came from the same Purchase Requisition)
- Allow Product Price Editing: Click this checkbox to enable employees to edit the price of a product while adding the product to a Purchase Requisition.
- Default Category: The product category that appears automatically when a user adds this product to a Purchase Requisition, Order Pad, or Purchase Order.
- GL: The GL Account that appears automatically when a user adds this product to a Purchase Requisition, Order Pad, Purchase Order, or Invoice.
Step 4: Once finished, click Save.
Step 5: A confirmation message will appear.