There are different approval types in ExpenseWatch. Depending on your approval configuration, the approval chain of the transaction will follow the appropriate approval process.
- S.A.F. (Signature Authority Form): These are the approvers with approval threshold that approves the users under the business units and its sub-business units.
- User-Based Approver: These are the approvers without any approval threshold that approves a particular user
- Receipt Checker: This approver is either first or last approver in the T&E approval chain (must be enabled under Company Pref. tab)
- Category Approver: This is for Purchasing users only.
Please Note: In order for the system to operate properly, there must be at least 1 user set up as No Limit Approver, who does not have any approval threshold, for the appropriate transaction type (Requisition, Invoice, T&E)
S.A.F. approval chains can be as short as just a no limit approver or can extend down into multiple approval chains.
Step 1: Go to the Policies tab.
Step 2: The Business Unit Configuration page will appear.
- To set up the S.A.F. for one business unit, select the business unit's name from the business unit hierarchy.
- To set up the S.A.F. for your No Limit Approver (the user with the highest spending and approval authority), select the root business unit.
Step 3: Go to the S.A.F. tab.
Step 4: There are three tabs to choose from, select one of the tabs to view the approval chain for that transaction type.
- Requisitions: This tab shows all employees in the business unit who have Approve Requisition permission. Use this tab to set up the S.A.F. for Purchase Requisition.
- Invoices: This tab shows all employees in the business unit who have Approve Invoice permission. Use this tab to set up the S.A.F. for Invoice.
- T & E: This tab shows all employees in the business unit who have Approve Expense Report permission. Use this tab to set up the S.A.F. for Expense Report.
Top section shows the approvers in the approval chain, and bottom section shows the approvers that are available to be added tot he approval chain.
Step 5: Enter the following criteria on the page to edit your S.A.F.:
- User: The name of the approver.
- Business Unit: The name of the business unit where the user is added as an approver.
- Green symbol (Limit for transactions under budget): Enter the maximum dollar amount this approver can approve when the business unit is under budget.
- Red symbol (Limit for transactions over budget): Enter the maimum dollar amounnt this approver can approve when the transaction is over budget.
- No Limit: Check this box to make the user a No Limit Approver, an approver who has the highest spending and approving authority in the company. You must select at least one No Limit Approver for the company-level.
- Add: Check this box if this employee is part of the approval chain for this business unit.
Please Note: Approver in the child business units (sub-business units) cannot be added to the parent business unit's S.A.F.
Step 6: When complete, click Update.