The Roles in ExpenseWatch are a way to grant permissions outside the user's home business unit. Typically, all users are located in the business unit in which they work. However, an employee may have a job role that requires access to other business units. Access to other business units is assigned through Roles.
During the initial company configuration, we recommend you create three roles at the root business unit. These roles are found in most companies.
- No Limit Approver: This is the user in the company who approves the largest transactions. this role would typically get permission to approve the three transaction types (or you could create separate roles for separate transactions). The relevant users would then be added to these roles.
- Accounting Reviewer: This role is for the user who performs final review of all invoices and expense reports prior to exporting those invoices to your accounting system.
- Central Purchasing (if your company uses Central Ordering): All approved requisitions are routed to this user for purchasing. The role would be assigned the "Central Ordering" permission at the root business unit, and the appropriate users would be added to this role.
- Root Level Reporting: Apply reports at the root for any user that requires reporting visibility to the entire company.
Step 1: Go to the Policies tab.
Step 2: Click the business unit name that you want to create the role under.
Step 3: Click Roles under the business unit name.
Step 4: Enter the Role information and click Add Role.
- Role Name
- Requisition Spending Limit
Step 5: Once the role is created, to add the user to the role, click Add User tab.
Step 6: Enter the user's name and click Search.
Step 7: Click the user with gear icon to add the user.
Please Note: User cannot be added to the role if they do not have the appropriate license.
Step 8: The icon will turned into a checkbox.
You can click the Users in Role to see the list of users in this role.