This article will show you, an ExpenseWatch administrator, how to add new user and configure their account in ExpenseWatch.
Please Note: Make sure you have available license before creating new user.
Step 1: Go to the Policies tab.
Step 2: Click the business unit name that you want to create the new user under.
Step 3: Click Users under the business unit name.
Step 4: Enter the user's information. Click Add User.
- Username: This will be the username they will use to log into ExpenseWatch.
- ERP Vendor ID: If a user will be submitting expense reports then this will be required. This must match the EmployeeID in your AP accounting system or payroll system.
Please Note: All fields are required except the Fax field.
Once a user is created, a Welcome Email will be sent to the email address associated to the user with their username and temporary password.
Step 5: The User Profile page will appear.
- Edit: This tab contains the user's account information.
- Permissions: Use this tab to give the user certain permissions in ExpenseWatch.
- Roles Summary: This tab shows what User Roles the user has.
- Licenses: Use this tab to give the user certain licenses in ExpenseWatch.
- Preferences: Use this tab to suppress email notification for this user.
- Move the user to another business unit: Use this to move the user to another business unit.
- Deactivate the user's account: Use this to prevent user from accessing their account.
- Reset the user's password and send a password reset link to the user via e-mail: Use this to initiate a password reset on the user.
Step 6: Go to Licenses tab.
Step 7: Click the checkbox under the transaction that the user will be accessing. Click Update.
Step 8: Click OK.
Step 9: Go to Permissions tab.
Step 10: The permissions will appear.
For Permission description, check out the Permission Description Article.
Step 11: Click the checkbox next to the permission. If the user does not have appropriate license then the checkbox will be blocked. Click Update Permissions.
- Requisition Spending Limit: Limit given to a requisitioner as an amount that a user can spend without going for approval.
Please Note: All permissions, except Approval Permissions (Approve Requisitions, Approve Invoices, Approve Expense Reports), assigned in a business unit applies to that business unit and all its sub-business units.
Please Note: If a user has a permission via User Role then a paper with gear icon will appear next to the checkbox.