This article will help you get started using ExpenseWatch Mobile feature on your phone.
With ExpenseWatch.com Mobile you can easily add items to an existing expense report, or start a new one. Fields, such as category, business purpose, mileage, vendor, and comments, are all available within our mobile app. You can enter as much or as little of the information as you want from the road. Everything is sent to your online ExpenseWatch.com expense reports account and will be ready for you to finalize and route when you next log onto the system.
With ExpenseWatch.com Mobile, you won’t have to carry around piles of little receipts in your wallet or purse to reconcile later. Adding digital receipts to your expense reports is as easy as snapping a picture with your smart phone and it then is uploaded with your line item. You can also add receipts by attaching an image you already have stored on your mobile phone.
Step 1: The ExpenseWatch Mobile app is available from the Google Play Store and App Store. Search for ExpenseWatch and download the app to your device.
Step 2: Locate the ExpenseWatch app icon and click on it to launch the application. You should see the login screen. Like the web version, the mobile app requires you to login before you can begin creating reports and line items. Your username and password for Mobile are the same as you use to login to the web version.
- Login: This will log you into the mobile app.
- FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD: This will send a password reset link to your email address.
- Save My Information: This will auto-fill the username the next time you log into the app.
- Sign In with SSO: This is used if your company has configured SSO with ExpenseWatch.
Step 3: Click the app setting icon, located top right corner, and click Settings.
- Server URL: URL used to locate the ExpenseWatch.com It if set and the default should not be changed unless you are instructed to by the ExpenseWatch Support Team. The default URL is ssl.expensewatch.com.
- Image Upload Size: You can choose the size of the image that you are trying to upload. We highly recommend to set this to either Medium or Large for maximum result.
Step 3: Once you are logged into the app. There are multiple options to choose from.
- Create Report: Select this option to create a new expense report.
- View/Edit Reports; Select this option to work with the existing expense report in progress.
- Capture Receipts: Select this option to take picture of the receipt.
- Approve: Select this option to access your approval inbox.
Step 4: Click Create Report to continue. Enter the Report Name, choose Default Business Unit, and optional Submitter Comments (ie. Report Header comment).
Once you enter the values, click Create Report.
Step 5: This is the report overview. There are different menus to choose from.
- Line Items: Quick summary of the current report.
- Credit: View all credit card charges that are available to be matched on the report.
- Travel: View all travel itineraries that are available to be matched on the report.
- Receipt: View all receipts that are available to be added to the report.
- Manual: Create a new expense line item.
Click Manual to create a new expense line item.
Step 6: You will have the option to fill in all or as much information as you want to create each line item.
- Business Unit: The Business Unit will default to your Home Business Unit. If the business unit should be changed, click the drop-down menu and select the Business Unit.
- Category: Click the category drop-down menu and select the expense category.
- Vendor: Enter the vendor that the expense was purchased from.
Depending on the company preference, you may see different options to fill out such as Business Purpose, Comments, etc.
Step 7: To attach a receipt, click the receipt icon.
Step 8: You will have different options to attach the receipt.
- Add from Receipt List: Add from the receipt list that you uploaded to your ExpenseWatch account.
- Add from Camera: This will allow you to take a photo of your receipt from the app.
- Add from Photo Gallery: Add from your internal photo gallery.
Please Note: The images will be attached to the line item level on the expense report. The system will not accept individual images over 4MB in size.
Step 9: Once you fill out the fields, click Save Item.
Step 10: Once you enter all the line items, click Route For Approval.