Once the transaction is approved by the regular approvers such as SAF Approver, User-Based Approver, the transaction will finally go to the Accounting Reviewers. This article will show you how to process transactions as an accounting reviewer.
Step 1: In the Approve box, click the Accounting Review.
Step 2: This is your Approval Inbox. You'll see everything that has been sent to you for approval here. To just see transactions pending accounting review, click the Accounting Review tab.
Depending on your company preferences, you may see Quick Approve. If you know you would like to approve the transactions without opening it, click the checkbox to the left of the transaction, then click Quick Approve.
Step 3: Click the transaction to open it and view.
Step 4: This is the Expense Report Details page. Everything that has been entered in the expense report will be shown here. Click the plus icon to the left of the line item to expand and see details.
Step 5: From here, you can change the Business Unit, GL, and Project.
Please Note: If you edit the Business Unit then the transaction will be rejected and return to the submitter for re-submission.
Step 6: There are three icons under the Actions menu.
- Check Mark: This will approve all items in the transaction.
- Question Mark: This indicates that you need to review the line item later.
- X Mark: This will reject all items in the transaction.
Step 7: Make sure all line items are either marked as either approved or rejected.
Step 8: At the bottom of the screen, you will have multiple options to move forward:
- Close: This will save all of your current changes and bring you back to your Approval Inbox.
- Reset: This will undo any changes you made to this transaction and reset them to the original values entered.
- Save: Allows you to save any changes you've currently made.
- Process: This will complete the approval process of this transaction.
- Process And Pay: This will complete the approval process of this transaction and will mark this transaction to be paid via ACH
Step 9: Click Process to continue. You'll be brought to the Check Request. This has all of the transaction information. To print the check request for your records, click Print the Check Request.