This quickstart guide will show you how to generate a Purchase Order and send it to the vendor.
Step 1: In the Tasks section, click Generate Purchase Orders. Or, by going to Purchasing tab and click Generate Purchase Orders.
Step 2: There are step-by-step instructions at the top of the Generate Purchase Orders page that will help you stay on track. First, choose if you want to group your items:
- By Vendor: Combine all items that share a common vendor and groups them to become one purchase order.
- By Requisitions: Combine all items together on their respective requisitions and will result in individual purchase orders for each vendor represented on the requsition.
- By Vendor/Bill to Department: This will separate the items into separate purchase orders if they have separate Bill To addresses associated with them.
Step 5: Enter optional comments you would like to make visible to the vendor.
Step 6: When you're ready to generate a purchase order, click the Checkbox on the right side of the requisitions.
Step 7: Click Generate Purchase Orders to complete.
Step 8: Click OK.
Step 9: You will be brought to the Place Purchase Orders page where you can see the individual purchase orders you've generated. To place purchase orders, depending on the vendor configuration, there are four methods to choose from:
- Print: This link allows you to print out a copy of the purchase order. After printing, you can continue to place your purchase order by fax or email.
- Fax: This link allows you to fax an electronic copy of your purchase order to your vendor if they have an available fax number.
- Email: This link allows you to send an electronic copy of your purchase order to your vendor if they have an available email.
- Punchout: This link is only available for online vendor purchase orders. When clicked, it will send an electronic order to their website.
Step 10: Once you've placed a purchase order using one of the methods, you will receive a confirmation at the top of the screen.