This article will show you how to approve an expense report.
Step 1: Any expense reports that have been submitted for your approval will be found in the Approve box. Click Expense Reports to approve.
Step 2: This is your Approval Inbox. You'll see everything that has been sent to you for approval here. To just see Expense Reports, click the Expense Reports tab.
Depending on your company preferences, you may see Quick Approve. If you know you would like to approve the expense reports without opening it, click the checkbox to the left of the expense reports, then click Quick Approve.
Step 3: Click the expense report to open it and view.
Step 4: This is the Expense Report Details page. Everything that has been entered in the expense report will be shown here. Click the plus icon to the left of the line item to expand and see details.
Step 5: From here, you can change the GL and Project.
Step 6: There are three icons under the Actions menu.
- Check Mark: This will approve all items in the expense report.
- Question Mark: This indicates that you need to review the line item later.
- X Mark: This will reject all items in the expense report.
Step 7: Make sure all line items are either marked as either approved or rejected.
Step 8: At the bottom of the screen, you will have multiple options to move forward:
- Close: This will save all of your current changes and bring you back to your Approval Inbox.
- Reset: This will undo any changes you made to this expense report and reset them to the original values entered.
- Add Approver: This gives you the ability to send the expense report to another approver to review.
- Save: Allows you to save any changes you've currently made.
- Process: This allows you to send the expense report further in the workflow if approved, or back to the submitter if rejected.
Step 9: Click Process to continue.