This quickstart guide will show you how to submit a Purchase Requisition.
Step 1: Under the Tasks section, click Submit a Requisition.
Step 2: From here, you can create a new requisition under Create Requisition, or work on a previously saved requisition under Your Requisitions in Progress.
Step 3: When creating a new requisition, fill out the Business Unit, the Project, the Requisition Title, and the Requisition Date.
Step 4: Click Create when complete.
Step 5: Add the Header information. You can attach any files from your computer, or fax them in. For ex, a quote from a vendor or an inventory list.
Please Note: Any documents you attach to the requisition will stay with it indefinitely. They will also move onto the Purchase Order and Invoice so you will always have access to them.
Step 6: Ensure the Bill To and Ship To addresses are correct. your Bill To is where you would like the bill to be sent for the items in your requisition. Your Ship To is where you would like the items in the requisition shipped.
- Change the attention of the Ship To address by changing the name at the top.
- Change the Ship To completely by clicking the edit icon.
Please Note: if you do not manually set the Ship To in the Header, then the Ship To on the Purchase Order will be the business unit's address that the requisition item is allocated to.
Step 7: Add optional Comments here. These comments will only be visible internally to your Approvers and yourself. they will stay with the requisition as it becomes a Purchase Order and Invoice.
Step 8: When searching for products to add to your requisition, you have these options to search by:
- Description/SKU: Enter a keyword or SKU number that describes the product you would like to add
- Search All Categories drop-down menu: Choose from a list of pre-filled categories that the product may be listed under.
- Recently Added to Catalog: Choose from a list of products that have recently been purchased.
- Available Order Pads: Choose from a list of existing options for larger or group orders.
For more ways to search, click Advanced.
- Vendor: Type a vendor (for ex, staples, officemax, etc) that you would like to filter the product search by.
- Manufacturer Number: Search by specific manufacturer number.
- Manufacturer: Search by specific manufacturer name.
Step 9: Once you found the product(s) you would like to add to your requisition, simply edit the Quantity if needed and click the plus, +, icon to add.
Optional: Your company may also have the option of searching for products through Available Online Vendors. You will have different vendors depending on your company. Simply click the vendor's icon to be brought to their website.
Once you checkout from their website, the cart items will be transferred to your requisition.
Step 10: When your initial requisition is complete, you have the option to:
- Delete: Permanently deletes the entire requisition.
- Close: Your requisition will save and you can come back to it at another time.
- Continue: Move forward with submitting your requisition.
Step 11: After clicking Continue, you will be brought to the Finalized Requisition Contents screen. From here, edit your product information by line item. Make sure each product is for the correct Business Unit, GL, and Project. Also, make sure you selected the correct Quantity and Price and edit any information if needed.
Step 12: Under the Status column, you will see three additional icons:
- Recurring Requsition icon: This icon will allow you to make this product a recurring item. You will be brought to the Recurring Requisition Item page where you can choose how often you would like to order this product.
- Allocation icon: This icon allows you to allocate the line item across multiple Business Units, GLs, or Projects. You will be brought to the Allocate Item page where you can edit this information.
- Previous Order History icon: This icon allows you to see previous order history for this item.
Step 13: Once you're finished editing your requisition, you have a few options:
- Delete: This will delete the entire requisition.
- Close: This will save your requisition and allow you to come back to it later.
- Continue Shopping: This will bring you back to the previous screen and allow you to add more products to your requisition.
- Update: This will re-calculate the requisition total if you've made changes to it above.
- Route Requisition: This will send the requisition off for approval.
Step 13: To send the requisition forward for approval, click Route Requisition.
Step 14: You will be brought back to your Purchasing home screen where you will see a message that Your cart has been routed for approval.
Once you've routed the requisition, your approver will receive an email notification.