This article will help you get started with ExpenseWatch's enhanced Credit Card Service. This will enable you to add, edit, or delete company credit cards, as well as upload, process, and manage credit card data.
Please Note: To create and maintain company credit card accounts, you must have an Invoice license and Credit Card Administrator permission.
Users with an Expense Report license and the Enter Expense permission may match credit card charges, upload individual credit card charges, and manually create credit card charges depending on how the credit card was configured.
Users with an Invoice license and the Enter Invoice permission may match credit card charges and manually create credit card charges depending on how the credit card was configured.
Step 1: Go to the Credit Cards tab.
- Match charges: Used to match charges to a T&E Report or an Invoice.
- Manage Cards/Charges: A user can view their assigned cards/charges here.
- Manage Accounts: The Credit Card Administrator can view the status of all cards, upload charges, create or edit statements, assign or unassign charges from cards, and manage disputed and personal charges.
- Card/Account Setup: Where the Credit Card Administrator can configure credit card accounts and cards.
- Charge Archives: View any archived company charges.
- Statement Archives: View any archived/closed statements.
Step 2: To add a new account or edit an account, click the Cards/Accounts Setup.
Step 3: To add a new account, click Add New Account. (To edit an existing account, either click the Account Name or View Account).
Step 4: Fill in the account information.
- Name: This is the account name that will be used in ExpenseWatch.
- Type: This is a field you can use to indicate the credit card account type.
- Vendor: Select the credit card vendor in the drop-down menu. If you do not see one, then you must create the new Credit Card Vendor by clicking New Vendor.
Step 5: Select Account Settings.
- Automatic Download: if your bank support OFX (Open Financial Exchange) technology then you may use this option to automatically feed your credit card activity into ExpenseWatch. Many banks refer to this as the Quicken Download. Enter your master/control account username and password for your corporate account. Please make sure to enter the same credentials for accessing your bank's online banking.
- Manual Upload: This will control whether or not the users' cards that are associated to this account can manually upload their own credit card charges from an external file such as .csv or .xls file. New cards added to the Account will pick up this setting.
- Manual Entry/Edit: This will control whether or not the end user can manually enter or edit an uploaded charge in a T&E Report or an invoice. If you receive an automatic feed from your credit card vendor and your users do not have the need to manually edit a charge then you should disable this setting. New cards added to the Account will pick up this setting.